Thursday, June 20, 2013

Review - Revlon Age Defying w/ DNA Advantage

What Revlon has to say: Revlon Age Defying with DNA Advantage Cream Makeup combines makeup + powerful anti-aging skincare to help protect skin's DNA to fight the signs of aging. 96% of women saw flawless, younger-looking skin in two weeks. Lines and wrinkles are visibly diminished while skin is refreshed, hydrated, revitalized. SPF 20 ~ Revlon
This was originally my mom's makeup, but she gave it to me since she doesn't really like foundation in general.  I'm so glad she gave it to me because I love it. It's feels light and creamy but has medium coverage which is perfect for me. It also has SPF 20 which is great for day wear. I don't know how well it photographs though since I haven't worn it at night, but the high SPF makes me a bit leary to wear it at night if I know phots will be taken.

One of my favorite features of this makeup is that it has a pump. This makes it a lot easier to use and it's more economical because you don't waste any product. (I can't help but wonder if the pump fits the MAC studio fix bottle). I apply this foundation with my Sonia Kashuk Flat top brush and set it with MAC prep and Prime loose powder. I find that this lasts on me for about 6-8 hours, after that I noticed that it starts to break down a little around my T-zone since I'm oily there. 

Lightly blended and half a pump below it

This comes in 8 shades and retails from $12.99 to $14.99. My shade is #15 Tender Beige which I think would be a good match for NC30 and skintones.  I have a lot of yellow undertones in my skin and I thought that this shaded blended in really well and was very easy to apply. I didn't notice any pink undertones in this shade, I would say it's more of a neutral so it evened out all the yellow. The finish of this is dewy/satin. Definitely not as dewy as Maybelline's Dream liquid Mousse, which I find to be too dewy and borderline oily. I really love the natural look this gives me, it looks like my skin but better. I think this foundation would work well for those with dry, combination and normal skin. It might be too moisturizing for oily skin. 

This is after about 4 hours of wear

Overall I really like this foundation, I think it would work well in the summer and winter. I do feel that it's a bit pricey for a drugstore brand, but then again Revlon is a little more expensive than most drugstore brands.



What foundation do you current use?

4 comments:

BeautyBehaved said...

thanks for the review.
btw what is your fave night wear foundation when u know pics will be taken?

BeautyBehaved said...

haha no kidding! ive been using maybelline super stay for years now!! my all time fave but your right can get real heavy at times i will have to try that tip! thank u!! actually i have a review to i did for for the super stay to back in 2011
http://beautybehaved.blogspot.com/2011/06/beauty-hit.html
maybelline is fabulous!! seriously props to them i also love their concealers to and right now with having the new baby and all, they are saving me haha
thanks for answering back hunn<3

Unknown said...

I use Loreal BB Cream as my all over makeup. I love what you wrote!

www.bornorigingal.com

Unknown said...

Great review girly and I tried it but unfortunately didn't work for me.

<3 Marina
Fashion.MakeUp.LifeStyle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...